The following is a comparison of neon lights and LED lights. Adding the latest LED technology to compare them is not what you saw in the network before.
1. Does the LED light source have a lifetime of 10,000 hours?
According to the light decay of 7%, the actual only about 50,000 hours. According to the light decay of 3%, the actual application can reach 80,000 hours.
2. Does the LED not heat up?
Yes, need to dissipate heat.
3. Can LEDs replace incandescent lamps?
Luminous flux, light efficiency and color rendering can be, but they are too expensive and will not decline in recent years. However, the cost of replacing incandescent lamps can be reduced by increasing the luminous flux of the product.
4. Can LEDs be used simply as ordinary light sources?
 No, drive power, optical and thermal conduction.
5. Comparison of performance and advantages of two light sources
The advantages of neon have been covered by LEDs, but LED lights are currently too expensive.
6. Comparison of power sources for two light sources
LED low voltage is good, but the water resistance is poor and the current is too large. Large particle 1 watt LED single lamp input current is 350mA.
7. Comparison of control techniques for two light sources
LEDs are easy to implement, but neon lights are ripe.
8. Comparison of the stability of the two light sources
The LEDs are inconsistent and the neon lights are quite stable. A few producers can be relatively stable, such as combining CREE with AOD chips to take advantage of their respective chips.
9. Comparison of the prices of the two light sources
LEDs are more expensive, but yellow and red are quite equal. The main expensive is LED white light.
10. Comparison of two kinds of light sources for outdoor use
Poor LED waterproofness is the Achilles heel of outdoor use.
11. Comparison of the current market of two light sources
The annual output value of global lighting products is 42 billion US dollars (China's 15 billion US dollars) LED light source is less than 1%.